STEM CELL INJECTIONS
What is a stem cell?
A Stem Cell is an unspecialized cell that can renew itself through cell division, and under certain physiologic or experimental conditions, can be induced to become tissue, or organ-specific cells. These type of injections represent an innovative regenerative healing treatment that can be used to provide relief to people suffering from a wide range of orthopedic conditions.
Stem Cell Injections can be used to treat:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Plantar Fasciitis
- and more
ReNu is a regenerative osteoarthritis (OA) treatment that uses a single injection of nonsteroidal prescription treatment to relieve pain and other symptoms of orthopedic and sports injuries. One injection can provide up to a year’s worth of benefits, and can potentially help you delay or completely avoid surgery. ReNu has helped patients across the country to return to normal daily routines, and return to healthy exercise gradually.
ReNu treatment is typically reserved for patients suffering from pain and discomfort that have experienced minimal to no relief from oral treatments, like NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug ), or other injections.
ReNu Injections are made of: Amniotic membrane and fluids that are donated after healthy babies are born via C-section. These substances are 100% natural and safe.
ReNu treatment is typically used to treat:
Sports injuries, like
- Partial rotator cuff tear
Orthorpedic injuries, including:
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Plantar fasciitis
ReNu Injection Treatment
On the day of your ReNu injection you can expect:
- A single injection, administered at your doctors office.
- Your doctor may decide to numb the injection area to prevent minor pain or discomfort.
For general discomfort, apply ice to the site of the injection for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, heavy lifting, or bending for at least 2 days after your injection.
- Avoid taking an NSAID for 2 weeks after you injection, as it can affect ReNu’s biologic response.
LIPOGEMS is considered a minimally invasive sterile office procedure, performed with local anesthetic. LIPOGEMS procedure works to rejuvenate cartilage in the knee by harnessing the innate healing capabilities of adipose (fat) tissue. This process is called a microfat transfer, and it relies on the transformative properties of stem cells present in fat tissue, to grow from one type of cell (fat tissue) into another (cartilage).
It is a 3 step procedure that takes approximately an hour to complete:
- Tissue Harvest: The skin is cleaned and the area is numbed, and the adipose tissue is removed from the abdomen.
- Processing of Adipose Tissue: This stage consists of several steps (mixing, shaking, transferring, etc.). The During the agitation process, adipose tissue activates into medical signaling cells, which are responsible for stimulating healing and cellular repair.
- Injection: Cells from your body, now activated to promote healing, are injected into the knee.
- Insurances do not cover the expense of the procedure
- Out of pocket expense is $3,200 and is paid on the day of the procedure
- Procedure takes about 1 hour and can be performed in the office
- Anti-inflammatory medicines should be stopped minimum 10 days before and 6 weeks after LIPOGEMS
- Avoid exercise after the injection for 3-7 days before beginning a rehabilitation exercise program.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 3 weeks after the injection