Effective date: 5/30/2018
Information We Collect and Use
- Analytics information & Log Data: The Services may employ third-party analytics tools and embedded scripts to help measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your device to our services, including information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, and pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. This log information is not linked to personal information unless you are an active customer, or have otherwise provided such information to us. Third parties may also use tracking technologies such as web beacons, images, scripts and cookies to track information in the aggregate on our Site for analytics purposes. Dr. Shubin Stein does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
- Cookies: Like most other websites, Dr. Shubin Stein uses cookie technology throughout this Site. Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Dr. Shubin Stein uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Service Providers:
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
How We Use Information We Collect
- To customize users’ experience while using the website.
- Send information or Dr. Shubin Stein content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- To improve the functionality of the website and its features.
- To improve customer service.
- To communicate with users and provide users with information.
- To conduct relevant marketing research.
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To develop and test new products and features.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations or as otherwise required by law.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Images of people or places displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, of Dr. Shubin Stein. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms and conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate applicable law including, without limitation, copyright laws, trademark laws and the laws of privacy and publicity.
Links to Our Sites
Dr. Shubin Stein does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the site. The website is not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 212.606.1752 so we take necessary actions.
How long we keep your information
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we, our Affiliates, and/or our Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and/or User-Submitted Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Dr. Beth Shubin Stein
East River Professional Building
523 East 72nd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10021